Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson

Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and RedemptionJust Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to my god-daughter Casey Swiski for giving me her copy of Just Mercy---OMG, it was so good, compelling and very many times, just awful to read. Bryan Stevenson taught me so much about the really tough job he has trying to save those on Death Row. He also gives important details on the history of the courts, prisons, racism and the injustices still being perpetrated today. I thank him for being committed to the prisoners, their families, and communities to strive for justice for those who have been incarcerated with little help from lawyers and the legal help they need to have their cases heard. The US has a broken system that Bryan Stevenson so eloquently delivers; but he and those he tries to help, suffer as well too. The world needs more Bryan Stevensons! A must read for all!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: