Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Akata Warrior (Akata Witch #2) by Nnedi Okorafor

Akata Warrior (Akata Witch, #2)Akata Warrior by Nnedi Okorafor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved the narration by Yetide Badaki so much - she excelled in both books! I loved Akata Witch, not so much Akata Warrior- why? There was not enough action (like the 1st book--- find who is maiming and mutilating and killing young children- criminals) too much about finding out about her abilities and being Leopard and the culture of the Leopard people. I realized Sunny and her friends saved the world in a convoluted round about way but there was not enough struggle to keep me turning the pages---except when her brother is beaten up in the beginning of the book as part of joining a long lived gang at his school and Sunny and ChiChi's way to get justice for him and end the long history of the gang---it was awesome, could not stop listening. I did not find the battle to save humanity as compelling as the first book.

View all my reviews

No comments: