Monday, September 2, 2019

Don't Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno

Don't Date Rosa SantosDon't Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nina Moreno, awesome debut author, sucked me into Rosa's world and family and I so enjoyed the ride (on land and sea!!!) as this brave firecracker Lantinx girl into making lists, getting others excited about projects, and trying to navigate the world of her grandmother, Mimi, who will not tell Rosa anything about her life and love in Cuba and her mom who just keeps leaving. Both Mimi and her mother are dealing with grief in their own way---they have lost their men to the sea and now Rosa is cursed as well, or is she? Oh did I love the world and beauty of the seaside town, Port Coral ---Rosa and her family and friends bring so much to this world (food, fun, music) , I want to live there too! Whether she is saving the town or herself, I rooted for Rosa!!! Thanks to my friends @summerathon for recommending this book as a perfect summer read!!! I can't wait for next year!

View all my reviews

No comments: