Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2) by Dhonielle Clayton

The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)The Everlasting Rose by Dhonielle Clayton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read and loved the 1st book in the series; but I listened to this 2nd book and did not like Rosie Jones' narration at all; she fractured words and pronunciations and that took away so much from my listening pleasure. I loved Camellia, Remy, and Edel plus the Iron Ladies; they were strong characters and had a sympathetic side. Clayton's depiction of the horrors of striving only for beauty was a perfect depiction in the awful maniacal Sophia. Also in how far afield the lives of the Belles had been tampered with over history, clothed in mystery and lies by Madame. I rooted for the Belles, Camellia, Remy and Princess Charlotte.

View all my reviews

No comments: