Monday, September 2, 2019

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

PachinkoPachinko by Min Jin Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh did I love the narration of this awesome audiobook by Allison Hiroto! The characters in this saga tore my heart open (Daisuke, Hoonie, Yangjin, Sunja, Baek Isak, Koh Hansu, Yoseb, Kyunghee, Noa, Mozasu, Kim, Tamaguchi, Goro, Akiko, Yumi, Mieko, Bingo, Hideo Takano, Solomon, Risa Iwamura, Koichi, Ume, Haruki, Ayame) I could not stop listening to the history of Japan, Korea and the judgments against these people and their lives as they try to survive in a racist world where they are always judged unfairly for being Korean. I also came to love the many characters and their families and their struggles to find happiness and survive. But what this book taught me most about what the love of families for their children and the hopes and fears for these children as they become adults. Gripping, beautiful, and mesmerizing, a must read!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: