Monday, September 2, 2019

Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly

StepsisterStepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just enjoyed this book so much-Isabelle was fierce, very human, easy to anger and react, one of the ugly stepsisters to Elle. As I read this thriller I loved learning all I could about Isabelle, Tavi (her ugly stepsister), Elle and their mother. A fairy tale retelling I thoroughly enjoyed-rooting for Isabelle, enjoying the drama between Fate and Chance, the fierce fox and the little mouse, horses old, plodding Martin and Nero, the beautiful black stallion, and wood worker Felix, her childhood friend, who she spends her days with and has sword fights with and wanders the lands on their horses. As life gets in the way, Isabelle loses ALOT of herself, with her mother forcing her to get the prince and Isabelle acquiescing each and every time. I loved Donnelly's writing- it was honest, fierce, funny, and kept me turning the pages. A truly enjoyable read! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: