Sunday, September 22, 2019

Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) by Jay Kristoff

Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this 1st in the series for many reasons but I gave it a 4 because of the awfulness of the Red Church higher ups who time and again threatened the Acolytes in such a heinous manner I almost put this book down. But I kept reading because I really rooted for Mia Corvere and not her wanting to exact justice for her family but in spite of everything she really tries to be a good person & not a STONE COLD KILLER!!! I couldn't stomache Mother Drusilla, Jeesamine, Shahiid Mouser, Shahiid Solis, Weaver Marielle, and her brother, Speaker Adonai ---it seemed messed up to be this awful... & even Darkling Cassius did not help her understand who she was and they were both Darklings!!!Thank God for Naev and Tric and Lottie, Mr. Kindly. I am going to keep reading but I reserve the right to put this series down if it continues in the evil vein. I want to believe kick ass Mia will find true friendship, hope and a degree of happiness as a killer.

View all my reviews

No comments: