Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Ninth House (Alex Stern #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved the narrators - Lauren Fortgang and Michael David Axtell; they were awesome! But, As I said in my Goodeads progress; I did not like Alex Stern, despite all the reader learns, Alex is not a good person (I know she has extenuating circumstances) but as I have said in other books and reviews---NOW with some writers - the tendency for maliciousness (no hope during or at the end of the book) and an unlikable main character, is not why I read/enjoy a book. I read to feel good rather than meanness (there is too much cruelty in the world right now) also Leigh Bardugo mentions at the end in an interview with the narrator---her time at Yale was filled with "fun, strange, wonderful people" but also bleak, shameful (magic/discovery). I will read the next book because I want Alex to be a better person and also a good shepherd for the Ninth House but I don't have too much hope this will happen---fingers crossed. Also, I like dangerous but the awful, horrendous actions, were very burdensome to this reader and Alex did not help matters---she was a problem---keeping things to herself, lying, running away, and treating people badly. I really liked her one friend before she attended Harvard and I liked Dawes. No One Else and that does not make a good book for me!

View all my reviews

No comments: