Friday, October 4, 2019

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to my reader/librarian friend, Nancy Summers for recommending this new series from Maureen Johnson! It will also be part of my #YearofYA reading for October--anything that leaves you with goosebumps and this Jack the Ripper copycat thriller did just that!!! Come join us for a discussion of creepy YA titles Thursday 10/24 @8pm EST for a delightful twitter chat with #YearofYA. Rory is a teen from Louisiana spending a year at the London Boarding School Wexford. It is there that she begins to make friends, choke and almost die and begins seeing ghosts!!! Maureen Johnson's writing was sizzling, perfect, and scary as a Jack the Ripper copycat begins murdering again in and around her school. As Rory falls into life at her school, she also unknowingly sees the real murderer; but why didn't her roommate see him? Enter the police and also "secret police" investigating the current murders. I could not put down this book; can't wait to read the 2nd book and find out what happens with Jazza, Jerome, Stephen, Callum and Boo. Even more delicious was the Oh My Gosh ending!!! You have to read it, it is creepy, scary and I could not put it down. Teens will love Rory and her fierce personality.

View all my reviews

No comments: