Friday, December 6, 2019

Supernova (Renegades #3) by Marissa Meyer

Supernova (Renegades, #3)Supernova by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

The only good thing I can say about this book is that I loved the 2 narrators, Rebecca Solare and Dan Bittner, they were a great duo! But, I was so disappointed/aggravated with this last book in the series. I wasn't a fan of the first 2 books either. I felt there was too much description, too little known about many characters and way too much introspection from Nova (3 books worth). Nova really irritates me- she has not redeemed herself at all in the 3 books. In this book, her back and forth about Anarchists and the murder of her parents and her feelings for Adrian just wore me out. Adrian is naturally good---especially as the Sentinel, he goes against the Renegade code to help others. Nova was so combative, prickly, and torn. After three books, I expected and wanted a positive, inspiring feel but there was no redemption, that awful epilogue, and no amount of my rooting for Nova made her a likable character. I have to say that I loved The Lunar Chronicles and if Marissa Meyer continues to write these dark, complicated books, I will not be reading them. I did not like Heartless either.

View all my reviews

No comments: