Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #3) by Holly Black

The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really DID NOT like the first two books in this series; Jude, the unrelenting meanness, anger, and hopelessness were awful...BUT I wanted to see how The Queen of Nothing would end (Would Jude continue to disappoint me?) but I remained hopeful as I listened to this last book in the series and I was rewarded!!! Teens will love the way Holly Black sows this last book, the plot and its characters together! I was surprised and happy with so many of the characters and their development- I especially liked new character, Grima Mog (since I listened I don't know if I spelled this correctly), who Jude is to "take care of" and stop her from killing and eating humans. She is fierce but her fight with Jude leaves her a little in awe and wonder of Jude...her surprising return later is the best! This time, I rooted for Jude and Cardan to find one another, rather than kill or hate each other to death. The reader finds out so much more about Cardan's curse. Black was flawless in this endeavor! The plot kept me listening all the time to awesome narrator Caitlin Kelly! Her voices were superlative, engaging and downright fun. So I have been floored and happy with Holly Black in this last book of the series and will continue to read her wonderful books. I was seduced by this book and teens will be too!

View all my reviews

No comments: