Sunday, August 23, 2020

Small Great Thing by Jodi Picoult

Small Great ThingsSmall Great Things by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, I could not stop reading this gut wrenching book but Jodi Picoult's suspenseful plot kept me turning the pages, cringing, yet daring to be hopeful for Ruth and Edison. I really liked how Kennedy confronts her own racism and how it changes her relationship with Ruth. I loved Kennedy's husband, Michah; what a great guy, understated yet right on point. He was a huge supporter of Kennedy who was able to make her see things in a different way than Ruth made her see things. The white supremacists- Brit and Turk and Brit's father, were totally scary in their original approach to racism beating up gays, blacks, whoever they deemed a target for their wilding. But what was even more heinous was their underground movement through the internet; it really makes one think and be really, really, scared! I loved the courtroom drama, the hospital turning on Ruth, and Ruth's family. Picoult's book is thought provoking and a must read!

View all my reviews

No comments: