Sunday, August 30, 2020

The Huntress by Kate Quinn

The HuntressThe Huntress by Kate Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellently narrated by Saskia Maarleveld (loved all of her voices both male and female!!!), thanks so much to Pat Graham for recommending The Alice Network and then others telling me I must read The Huntress. OMG, it was 18 hours long and I still did not want it to end. I was thoroughly invested in the story, the characters, the suspense and Kate Quinn delivered! Written back and forth between WWII and years later in Boston and narrated back and forth by Ian, Nina and Jordan, Ian and Tony are hunting for a cool, heartless killer (the Huntress) who shot Polish children and Tony's brother after befriending them and feeding them. Jordan's dad has fallen for Anna and her daughter Ruth, proposing marriage. Nina's story was thoroughly crazy, Russian Dad who tried to drown her, crazy pilot skills and "family" of sisters she flies with. The hunt for the huntress was full of suspense, psychological daring do, lots of angst and the way these characters lived and breathed made me fall in love with them all, except the bad ones! This is a must read for any who love WWII stories, Holocaust stories, and the hunt for justice after the Holocaust!

View all my reviews

No comments: