Wednesday, January 16, 2019

East by Edith Pattou

EastEast by Edith Pattou
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG! Did I love this book---while I did not get to read it as a high school librarian----I follow Jennifer Hubert's Reading Rants and her review of East and her high recommendation to read the latest in the series, West--had me reading, enthralled and in love with Edith Pattou's worldbuilding, touched by strong characters Rose and the White Bear, Neddy, and Father and cheering for Rose to find her white bear. I could not stop reading, Pattou held me captive with her writing and like Beauty and the Beast fairytale---the theme of good over evil and true love. Each time Rose mentions the sadness and pain in the bear's eyes I wanted to cry...so poignant! Rose's empathy, her strength of character, and good will have many who help her in her quest. I have the next book, West, on hold at the library and can't wait to read it. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: