Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Third Mushroom by Jennifer L. Holm

The Third MushroomThe Third Mushroom by Jennifer L. Holm
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Ellie, her humor, her positive outlook on the world and her hysterical grandfather who inhabits a body of a 14 year old boy (Melvin and living with them). Holm's book will be totally enjoyed by middle school students; her plot is totally believable with the science experiments, her best friend Raj, her grandfather's life as a teen and cat, Jonas. I totally enjoyed this book; I laughed out loud, I was plunged to the depths of despair and was so happy with how Ellie deals with so many things (she loves her grandfather, cat, is a good friend, and enjoys school, movies, and friends). The science fair experiment had me enthralled, too bad Ellie and her grandfather did not get first place.

View all my reviews

No comments: