Saturday, January 26, 2019

Not a Sound by Heather Gudenkauf

Not a SoundNot a Sound by Heather Gudenkauf
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was spellbound by this mystery; awesome nurse Amelia and assault survivor are run down by a hit and run driver; leaving the victim dead and Amelia deaf. As Amelia drowns in pity, and alcohol she distances herself from her friends and loses the love of her husband and restricts her access to their stepdaughter. I was so impressed with her boldness as she finds a dead woman's body (another nurse, Gwen) as she is kayaking with her therapy dog, Stitch. She does not allow anything to stop her as she continues to investigate Gwen's death, gets a job, struggles to stay sober, moon over Jake (policeman and friend she has known since childhood). I was riveted as Gudenkauf ratchets up the tension; another excellent taut psychological thriller featuring an kick ass heroine!

View all my reviews

No comments: