Thursday, April 2, 2020

When You Know What I Know by Sonja K. Salter

When You Know What I KnowWhen You Know What I Know by Sonja K. Solter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was such an important book to read; Tori is eleven years old when something awful happens to her by a favorite uncle. At first her mom does not believe her and also her grandmother; devastating to say the least and the author does a great job in her novel in verse with the many stages that Tori experiences within herself (fear, loathing, anger), her family, in school, and with her best friend. Tori for the longest time can only think about and agonize over it; she is frozen in time, back when it happened. She languishes more and more each day----until her mom believes her (sounds the alarm to school and officials) and when Tori begins to get help, resources (a therapist), confiding in her sister, slowly Tori begins to hope. A must read for all- kids, parents, teachers!

View all my reviews

No comments: