Thursday, December 31, 2020

Among the Beasts & Briars by Ashley Poston

Among the Beasts & BriarsAmong the Beasts & Briars by Ashley Poston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book!!! Cerys is one of my fave heroines! She is a gardener's daughter who has lost her mother, her friend the prince and a a guard friend. They all live in Aloriya which has lush vegetation, everyone gets along just don't go near the forest. Which is what they did 7 years ago when ancients took the prince, guard and her mother. This world just kept getting better and better with Poston's world building, the magic, curses, and faeries. Cerys has a pet fox she loves even though she constantly vows to change him into a hat. But fox also has a big part to play in this tale and oh did I love him---he was funny, a coward, yet both Cerys and fox are drawn to each other more and more as the story unfolds. I could not stop turning the pages; there were so many delicious twists and turns which I have come to love from Poston's books!

View all my reviews

No comments: