Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera

Juliet Takes a BreathJuliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Juliet; she is real, funny, insecure except when she is not; leaving the Bronx for a summer internship with a writer in Portland Oregon who has written a feminist manifesto. Juliet comes out to her family before she leaves and that doesn't go entirely as planned. And when she arrives in Portland, there is a whole lot going on, Juliet's girlfriend broke up with her with a letter, and now that she is in Portland; Juliet is not really sure Harlow Brisbane is all she says she is...as she figures her life, her summer and her internship out, Juliet finds she will be alright, has many staunch friends looking out for her in Portland and don't forget her cousin Ava, and her mom!!! I learned alot as I read about Juliet and was glad I read this book! I loved Juliet's message and you will too!

View all my reviews

No comments: