Saturday, December 19, 2020

Fable (Fable1) by Adrienne Young

Fable (Fable, #1)Fable by Adrienne Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh did I love this book! The character of Fable kept me turning those pages. Despite her father, his ruthlessness, and his 4 rules to live by in order to survive, Fable makes a hardscrabble life in The Narrows and can't wait to leave and make her way back to her rightful place on her father's boat. To get there, Fable pays for passage aboard the Marigold while the helmsman, West, has been buying her pyre for the last 2 years. This boat is different and Fable soon learns more than she should, all the while, trying to prove herself to the 5 members of the Marigold. Young's descriptions of the sea, the storms, boats, diving, kept me turning the pages as I rooted for Fable every page, while life turned against her at every turn. With Covid, sometimes this book was tough to read---Fable and the crew of the Marigold, had enemies at every turn and I ached for this awful world they lived in (and loved, but did they really all love this world, Willa???) and hope the final book, Namesake, is redemptive because the ending of Fable certainly WAS NOT! An intense, thrilling, gripping read!

View all my reviews

No comments: