Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton

Next Year in HavanaNext Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this awesome historical fiction novel for my Albright College Book Club, Cleeton's Cuban world's as seen through Elisa(1958) and her lover, Pablo and her granddaughter, Marisol (2017) and Luis. I loved and hated the difficulties the Perez family endured, separated from their family and friends in Cuba while living in exile in Florida and all the harshness, poverty, and tragedy that is Fidel's Cuba as Marisol visits to spread her grandmother's ashes, reconnect with family and see Cuba's "new reality". This book was beautiful in the many settings of Cuba, the food, the music, the beaches, and the political revolutions.

View all my reviews

No comments: