Saturday, March 13, 2021

The Crooked Street (Frost Easton, #3) by Brian Freeman

The Crooked Street (Frost Easton #3)The Crooked Street by Brian Freeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book until the ending, I love series and there are many times the endings are cliff hangers, both good and bad, but this one was bad and upsetting and annoying! That is the end of what I am going to say about the ending because I loved the rest of the book and will not give a bad review, but I am definitely going to write to Brian Freeman. So, Frost is taken back when old friend (but not a friend for years) Denny bangs on his door near death and utters one word, Lombard. This begins a cat and mouse thriller where Frost encounters many problems. First and foremost is that a PI tells/convinces him this is just one murder among many that has a red snake spray painted (looking like the crooked Lombard Street in San Francisco) near the murder site. When Frost begins investigating there is another police man, Trent Gorham, who has been investigating the murders but does not believe the snake and PI investigations. As Frost begins to chase down leads and read the jackets of the other murders he begins to see/believe he cannot trust anyone, both on the force and in his daily life, except Herb his 70 yr old best friend (love him). I read this book in a day, it was thrilling, with anxiety the whole book through as Frost goes deeper and deeper into the lies, intrigue in search of the truth. I love Frost but I did not like that he was not taking care of himself---he was really getting beaten up, not going to the hospital and working without steam and taking care of himself--this is a recipe for disaster so I hope this gets resolved very quickly in the next novel because unfortunately nasty Lombard is insidious...and the cases do not get solved in this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: