Wednesday, December 29, 2021

My Time Will Come : Amemoir of Crime, Punishment, Hope and Redemption by Ian Manuel

My Time Will Come: A Memoir of Crime, Punishment, Hope, and RedemptionMy Time Will Come: A Memoir of Crime, Punishment, Hope, and Redemption by Ian Manuel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As Just Mercy floored me, so did Ian Manuel's gripping biography about his young life in Florida in the slums and with no guidance. Beloved by his grandmother, a father not around and a drug addicted mother, Ian suffers at home, in school and in his neighborhood. With a group of boys at age 14, he holds up a white man and woman in a parking lot, shooting the woman in the face and continuing to shoot as she runs away. Given life without parole, he spends the next 20 years in many jails and many of those years in solitary confinement (enduring unimaginable abuse). Ian's words are harrowing, powerful, beseeching, powerful and he loses hope many times but through reading a bible, writing poetry, he dreams of a day he will go home. I could not put this book down, everyone must read this and they will be changed. Highly reocmmended!

View all my reviews

No comments: