Saturday, January 30, 2021

America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie

America's First DaughterAmerica's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellently narrated by Cassandra Campbell; this 23 hour book kept me listening; loving and hating Patsy Jefferson's decisions in life due to her deathbed promise to her mother to watch over her father for life. In the end, I loved Patsy and wept for her life which was so difficult. But Patsy was strong, she was the light of her father's life, even while she was a prisoner in the ethics and government and world of Virginia in Thomas Jefferson's time in government. This thoroughly researched novel by Dray and Kamoie based on Jefferson's letters is eye opening, devastating, and provides a look into America in its democratic infancy and growing pains. An excellent book delving into history and the many men and women responsible for its growth! I will be sharing this book with all my reader friends!

View all my reviews

No comments: