Friday, January 8, 2021

My Dear Hamilton: A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray

My Dear Hamilton: A Novel of Eliza Schuyler HamiltonMy Dear Hamilton: A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG such a great read, that plunged my heart many times into a thousand pieces but also lifted my listening pleasure as I listened to and loved Narrator, Cassandra Campbell as Betsey/Eliza throughout her years with and without Alexander Hamilton. There was so much I did not know about American History and the founders and so much I learned. And what was even more crazy was the time period Eliza lived in with young America establishing itself after war with England and trying desperately to preserve their freedom while others tried to wipe it out was so close to what is going on today in our government! I will definitely be reading other Stephanie Dray books; her research is thorough, exhausting and needed!. I will want to read more about Hamilton, Jefferson, Madison as a result of Eliza's musings, interactions, and relationships with these icons of history. Many thanks to Pat Graham for recommending this book and to my librarian friend, Randi Wall for her thoughtful insights as I pelted her with questions and dashed hopes while listening to this must read book.

View all my reviews

No comments: