Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The One and Only Bob by Katherine Applegate

The One and Only BobThe One and Only Bob by Katherine Applegate
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this beautiful book for the #BitAboutBooks Winter Reading Challenge, Animal Main Character and as I loved The One and Only Ivan, so did I love this companion book featuring Ivan, Ruby, and Bob; all these animals stole my heart as well as the hurricane and the effects on the zoo and the community and all was so riveting from Bob's point of view. Bob loves his life with Julia but also suffers lingering trauma from being abandoned at a young age. The issues follow Bob as he navigates life and friendship and family. I really liked the way Katherine Applegate presented the story in snippets -- short sentences as Bob's thoughts and soliloquys unfold. There is so much love, friendship, and bravery, between Ivan, Ruby, and Bob after the hurricane as they race to help others; humans and animals. It is such an inspiring, great book, I can't wait to read it to my granddaughters!!! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: