Friday, January 8, 2021

Brethless by Jennifer Niven

BreathlessBreathless by Jennifer Niven
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book as part of the #BitAboutBooks Winter Reading Challenge for the One Word Title book. I love Jennifer Niven's books; they grab me, they dash me to the depths with sorrow and angst but always with hope, courage, and finding ones' self. Claude meets Jeremiah Crew after she and her mom run to seek solace from her father deciding to separate himself from Claude and her mom. Miah is an Outward Bound scout but he is so much more than that, as he honestly adores Claude (Captain is an affectionate nickname), sees the real Claude, accepts the real Claude and takes her on wonderful adventures that include so much more than sex; roaming the island historic homes, finding the ghosts, watching the tortoise's lay eggs, swim, ride bikes and so much more. Both are leaving in August for their future so they are very much aware they have no future; but what happens if they fall in love? Teens will love this book for the drama, summer fun, romance, family angst and so much more!

View all my reviews

No comments: