Sunday, March 11, 2018

Hero at the Fall (Rebel of the Sands #3) by Alwyn Hamilton

Hero at the Fall (Rebel of the Sands, #3)Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Amani's development throughout the series; but Book 3, for me, saw her really selfless-caring and torn up about so many of her decisions, losing friends (and family) in the fighting, and her growing love for Jin, which she keeps subverting because she must get Ahmed on the throne--- and the awful, twisted Sultan off the throne (oh is he one character I have hated- he has done so much harm to his family, his subjects, really to anyone!!!) like yesterday. There was so much suffering in this third book, but I saw so much cooperation among Amani and her compadres (but Amani still keeps too many secrets...) I could not stop turning the pages, this is definitely one of my favorite series! I loved how Amani loved the desert, how Tamid loved his home enough to return to it, Amani meeting her brother Noorsham again, ghouls, Djinni and magic, Leyla the back stabbing daughter of the Sultan, and always the question, who will survive the rebellion. There were many stories about Amani, the princes, etc., will these stories survive or will they become legend in the telling?

View all my reviews

No comments: