Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials #3) by Philip Pullman

The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this series way back when I first began as a librarian, loved each book in the series! I have to say, I listened to all the books this time and loved the narration by the author, Philip Pullman, and a host of other very capable narrators!!! But as I listened to this 3rd book in the series, I was constantly weighed down by disturbing feelings about what was going to happen. Suffice it to say, I was totally annoyed with the ending, and that took my 5 star down to a 3 star. I will just leave it at a few thoughts- I hated the ending for Lyra & Will; Lord Azriel and Mrs. Coulter were awful people, blinded by their own ambitions, and also selfish and filled me with horror at what they would do (did) to achieve their own ends. I know not all books end happily...but I rooted for this book...

View all my reviews

No comments: