Friday, March 30, 2018

This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada

This Mortal Coil (This Mortal Coil #1)This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was packed with science fiction (advanced science and technology) so much so I couldn't plow through it because I really had to slowly read to understand all the terms, how they evolved, how they were existing in the world for example: gene technology allowing people to program & hack their bodies, and downloading vaccines, cures, hormones as apps on a panel implanted on one's arm. When a virus threatens to destroy the world, tough, determined Catarina Agatta is the one who might be able to save it. This was a thriller I could not put down, I was on a constant roller coaster as I read it, and will be pre-ordering the 2nd book in this series- many thanks to debut author, Emily Suvada for her knowledge of science and data and code---her book was explosive in all that it covered! The dystopian world Suvada crafts is so chilling, the characters so thoroughly fleshed, the plot intriguing and horror-filled when contemplating just how deranged those in power (or wanting power) will be to control the vaccine that will conquer the virus. Highly recommended scifi read!

View all my reviews

No comments: