Monday, March 26, 2018

Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road #1) by Katie McGarry

Nowhere but Here (Thunder Road, #1)Nowhere but Here by Katie McGarry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just loved this book and now can't wait to finish the series!!! Katie McGarry is a favorite YA romance author and it has taken me too long to get to this series!!! I loved the relationship between Emily and Oz - she is a good girl, protected by her parents, and endured a tough childhood (afraid of the dark, woods, etc) while Oz loves his life, soon to become initiated into the Reign of Terror Motorcycle Gang, and loves all the members of his extended family. I think my favorite character though was the thorny grandmother who really pushed for Emily to find out her true roots. There was so much cover-up, lies, and nastiness from Emily's mom and head in the clouds by her adoptive Dad, you really had to feel for Emily----but her real Dad, Eli, had a part in the cover-up too and I did not like the way all those adults messed things up!!!! But as a result of this shady history, Oz is assigned to protect Emily and from there their attraction and anger toward each other just gets better and better until the anger disappears and like begins to bloom. I loved Oz's world, his friends and family and his interest in treating handicapped kids the same on the ball field just grabbed my heart! And I rooted for Emily and Oz as a couple - even though it had many hazards...what will be in their future???

View all my reviews

No comments: